Social science deals with the study of society and the relationship among individuals within society. The importance that social science research wields today is immeasurable and enlarging the significance of social research gets enhanced as it provides workable solutions. Social science research provides authentic information to the people that are scientifically proven so that end users can rely upon it. It also helps us in finding the solutions to different social problems. It focuses on the fact that if we are able to find the root cause of any problem, we can find the more effective solution to it. The main purpose of research is to inform action, to prove a theory, and contribute to developing knowledge in a field or study. The significance of research is highlighted in the following points:
- Problems solving: Social problems are felt directly by people and that research by offering solutions to such problems ameliorates the conditions of people at large. Hence the significance of social research.
- Societal behavior which is studied, analyzed and steps needed to modify the same to achieve certain broad goals. All our social problems could be attributed to certain societal behavior. So, by modifying the same in the right lines, social good is achieved.
- Development of methodologyto deal with social issues is one of the contributions of social research. Executive stress, worker ethics, leadership style, child labor, women illiteracy, drug addiction, labor absenteeism, etc are social issues related to organizations, labor units, and, such other social groups. To deal with these issues appropriate methodology is needed. Social research provides the same.
- Societal development. The research develops scientific temper. Creativity and innovation are developed Basic and applied new knowledge is developed. All this adds to up-gradation of society. Knowledge is power. And that power is powered by research.
- Formulation of new theoriesand reevaluation of already accepted theories are attempted by social research. There are several theories on leadership, motivation, human attitude and behavior and so on. All these theories help designing suitable packages for societal behavioral uplifting.
- Social planning, prediction and control. Any constructive action need to be planned, outcome predicted and deviation of actual from the desirable predicted outcome need to be controlled. Social research aids in designing appropriate models of social planning, prediction and control.
- Social welfare. Social research is generally normative emphasizing what is good for the society. By stating, what is and what is not good for the economy, for the industry, for the consumers, for the students, for the stock-market and the like, social research helps to contribute to social welfare.
- Dynamics of social institutions and phenomena. Social institutions and phenomena are never static. These keep changing. To gauge the change research is needed and such research helps in dynamically responding to social institutions and phenomena.
Islamic Research Institute of Social Sciences (IRISS) is dedicated to conduct policy-oriented research on social contemporary issues covering intellectual, moral and spiritual aspects of Islam to deal with immense challenges in this contemporary Era and to promote and propagate true and real essence of Islam based on Mutual Love, Peace, Harmony, inclusiveness and Service for Humanity. The institute provides an environment for research and dialogue on National and International issues in the light of Islamic Teachings about all walks of life involving Intellectuals, Muslims and Scholars from other religions, Opinion makers and Learned Personalities.
The Islamic Research Institute of Social Sciences is dedicated to a systematic and scholarly study of contemporary social, political and economic issues from an inter-disciplinary and religious perspective. The Institute makes its research findings, recommendations and trainings available to all the public, national and state governments, policy makers, civil society organizations and workers.